Thursday, December 16, 2010

Somewhat at Peace

I went to visit L's future daycare again today- dropped off some paperwork, got some a LOT of questions answered.  It was a great visit.  I felt very comfortable with the way the staff spoke with me and interacted with the kids- many of the staff parent like me (breastfeeding, cosleeping, babywearing, attachment parenting, cloth diapering etc).  We chose this daycare because it aligns with our values, no bouncers, swings, jumpers- all hands on.  

When we first arrived a lot of the kids were crying- it was "lunch" time (they feed on demand but said many of the kids get in-sync with their schedule).  The older infants were sitting at their table (all the chairs are booster seats on the floor with a child height table- no highchairs), while the younger infants were awaiting their bottles (they are held and fed in rocking chairs or gliders).  Even though there was crying, I could tell it was just the "I'm hungry feed me" cry, and as soon as each child was situated they turned into peaceful, playful, kiddos.  I instantly felt like L will learn to love being there with all the other children.

While there L started to get fussy and hungry so I sat down and nursed.  I love how when I nurse around other kids/babies they become extremely interested in me and L- maybe they remember being nursed themselves. The daycare is very pro nursing and I plan/hope I can come on my lunches to nurse L.

It's getting closer to D Day...the day I return to work.  Jan 11 2011-the end of maternity leave.  So there will probably be a lot of posts about that process- both the planning/logistical part and the emotional journey part.

No comments:

Post a Comment