Thursday, September 8, 2011

Stubborn


























I am extremely stubborn at times- one of those times would be the reason why I now have to take a hopefully short break from running.  And I feel absolutely crap-tastic when I don't run- it's addicting and I need my fix...

So I had that toe injury since L was born- I was stubborn and convinced it would heal on it's own for 6 months- then I gave up to seek medical help, but instead became stubborn again thinking it would resolve on it's own.  Why did I think this?  Well it showed the smallest improvement and I kinda freaked about having the surgery.

Seems like no harm no foul now that I had the surgery and it looks to be resolved...except that for the whole year it hurt had caused me to alter how I walked, and put pressure on my right foot.  I even ran an average of 8 miles a week with it for the last 8 months.

I think compensating for the pain in my toe caused me to further injure my right foot- I now have plantar fasciitis.  It is only in the right foot and it sucks.  I have been running despite the pain increasing but realized this will only create more problems.

It's been 3 days since I ran, 2 days since any exercise, and I am noticing a huge improvement.  I am actually taking steps that are free of pain- and I don't have to wobble in the mornings or after long periods of sitting.  But I am also feeling down, lazy, unmotivated, and just yucky.

Hopefully a few more days and I can slowly return to my schedule.  I have a race on the 17th- another 5k and something to look forward to.

(image via pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment