Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September Loves

Here are a few things I'm loving this month...
















Trader Joe's Medjool Dates

I can't believe I never had a date by itself till earlier this week.  They taste like brown sugar and are actually good for you.  L loves them as well- oh and they are super soft and safe for babies.  D and I have been eating Lara bars for a while and have tossed around the idea of making our own (they are expensive!).  Well we finally did last night- following this recipe and they came out- in my opinion- better then the store bought ones.  These bars are going to be our go to baby/mommy/daddy snack from now on.


Bay Area Discovery Museum

D and I took L here a few days ago and I can't decide who had more fun- me, L, or D.  This place is A-MAZING for little kids and it's in beautiful Sausalito with views of the Golden Gate bridge.  So much safe exploring and exposure to nature.  The water was L's favorite and we had to change his clothes because he got so wet from splashing- even though they provided adorable mini aprons.  It's a bit expensive and I am kicking myself now for not getting a membership since I see us going there a lot in the future.









Habitat for Humanity Restore 

One of these opened near us and we wished we could have utilized it during all our renovations.  This will most likely be where we get the cabinets for the laundry room.

























Smoothies 

We bought a new blender and I used it 4 times the day it arrived- L and I consume a lot of smoothies.  Our favorites right now: mixed frozen berries, 1 banana, 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk, 1 handful of kale, 1/4 of an avocado, and a bit of ice or 2 bananas, 1 big spoonful of peanut butter, 1 handful of kale or spinach, 1 cup of almond milk, and a bit of ice. (image via pinterest)



Up All Night

So I know the show hasn't even aired yet but the preview looks hilarious (obviously having just became parents makes this right up our alley).  Bonus- we love Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph.  Really excited to watch it tonight.

Mom Groups

So far I'm really enjoying meeting these moms and kiddos...

No comments:

Post a Comment