Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rude Comments

While out running errands we stopped at Lowes to get some rat traps...yes rat, not mouse.  I was wearing L in the babyhawk, he had been such a great little guy and was napping at the time.  One of the workers came up and ogled over his cuteness saying "he's such a doll baby!" in the universal high pitched I'm admiring a baby tone.  Without a change in her tone she followed that with, "and you're bringing him into this germ infested place, shame on you!"  Then she continued with saying he was cute and walked away, all the while smiling.

This was the first rude comment I had received in regards to L.  I knew it would come, but I didn't expect to be so shocked that I couldn't respond in the way I wanted to.  What I don't get is why she "shamed" me in that tone and while smiling!  Very strange.

Well I'm proud that I feel comfortable and am able to take L out, especially while wearing him....and a big middle finger to those with their judgements!

BTW we did catch a rat in the garage, so the trip to Lowes was worth it.  D handled this project and I never had to see it (those traps are so barbaric), though while writing this post I think I heard another one scurrying around, time to reset the trap...

No comments:

Post a Comment