Saturday, December 3, 2011

I come on here often to whine about how hard L is- so I am making an effort to come on here and rave about how much better things have been. For the last several days he has had one 2 1/2 to 3 hr nap per day and gone down fairly easily for naps and bed time. He slept amazing last night and if I was feeling well I would say motherhood is easy! L has also been much happier- his cold and ear infection are getting better. I love that he is easy to redirect by enlisting him in a project or task. Obviously simple things like; "help mommy carry this", "go get your baby", "put that in the drawer". I really need to watch that Alfie Kohn DVD about parenting, children's natural altruism, and how not to mess with it.

I am still sick, and while L is getting better I have had a set back. This cold just wont quit- I am surviving on a diet of emergen-C, sudafed, tea, and food of course. I could barely sleep last night because of the sore throat and congestion. Today we have the humidifier going, as well as the kettle steaming up the kitchen- damn dry weather, and I'm on my 3rd cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment