Friday, August 12, 2011

Milestones

First, when did my little guy become a toddler!?!?!  He is just walking, or as D calls it "toddling" around the house, motor-boating with his mouth, rearranging our kitchen supplies, playing our piano, and just plain cracking us up!  It's amazing to watch, yet it feels like only yesterday he was learning to roll over.  I have to say I love that I can put him down now and he can stand by himself- this kid is getting heavy!  His 1st birthday is just around the corner and I've heard other mothers share about sadness over the 1st birthday- the loss of their infant, baby, etc...I'm not sad, more excited.



D and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary earlier this week.  We went to Michael Mina's in SF.  The food was awesome- it had been so long since I had enjoyed butter and cream due to L's sensitivity to dairy, that I actually became a little emotional when eating- yes, it was that good!  And L seems to be doing great with small amounts of dairy- no need for cow's milk though, still breastfeeding away.

Yesterday we returned to the city to visit my cousin.  L looked absolutely adorable in his Gap outfit- Gap is killing it with baby clothes right now- if you have a baby/kid check this out.  We grabbed some food at Tartine then had a picnic in Dolores park.  Hopefully my cousin sends over the pictures he took.

My toes are still healing but I have been able to run a few miles.  The Dr. told me about 3 weeks (it's been a week and half) and I can get a  pedicure- that's my light at the end of the tunnel...

No comments:

Post a Comment