Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ouch!

Sinus pressure/allergies are getting to me today- oh and L decided to bite down super hard on my toe.  But in his defense it was my toe underneath a blanket- so maybe he just thought he was biting the blanket.  But wow- it freaken hurt (I restrained kicking him away with my foot because thats what the pain wanted me to do)!  He managed to bite right where the cuticle is- awesome aim this kid!

We went to a little gym today and L adored it.  We thought he would be shy but instead he was super outgoing and playful.  His favorite thing was hanging and swinging from the bars.  We signed him up for 3 months, 1 time a week.  We have actually done a lot of family/toddler things locally since D has had a few days off.  The break from getting settled into our house has been much needed.  We hit up the local discovery museum (I used to go when I was little) and L was drawn to the ambulance- which he calls "abby" and the water exhibit.



L was the ONLY kid completely drenched!  But he was so happy, and we were prepared with an extra set of clothes so we let him have his fun.  When had to break him away and that was traumatic- lots of tantrums.  Then we headed up to their under 4 play rooms.  L loved this too- so we got a membership (yes there is a theme- toddler related memberships).

Buying these memberships means much more- they represent that this is where we live- we have finally relocated to the area we plan on staying in.  Maybe the houses will change, and the neighborhood will be slightly different- but this is home.  I always struggled with that in our last home- I knew it wasn't a forever home and I resisted setting down roots (or buying memberships) in case we figured out a way to move here.  So maybe I'm going to go a little crazy planting seeds, creating roots- growing into this new/old area.

My practice is slowly becoming a reality- I think we decided that March 15th I will start subleasing the office. I printed up a few business cards (without an address in case this doesn't go through- I'm a realist) so I can network and market a bit.  Tomorrow I have a training on maternal mental health which I am so excited for.  After having L I felt so connected and interested in women/mother issues- more so then before- because it was always an interest.  I even fantasized about changing careers and being a midwife or lactation consultant- something more "maternal".  But I don't need to change careers- I'm in the perfect profession for supporting women.  I'm even brainstorming taking my practice to the homes of newly post-partum moms in need of psychotherapy.  Asking someone to come to my office while struggling with mental health or just adjustment to such an earth shattering change and so early after birth with a newborn seems like a huge barrier.  We will see- I have my wheels turning...

I think for a while my posts are going to me this weird mesh of things- L, family, decorating/renovating, starting my business, and just plain old happenings....but probably all jumbled into one post.  Maybe I need this blog to be like a journal- a place to gather my fragmented thoughts...

Here's a sweet sleeping pic of L that D took since L slept till 8am (so nice of him)...


No comments:

Post a Comment