Saturday, May 21, 2011

Still at it...



Running that is.  My timing is really sad- like my best 5K time so far is 36:12.  Thats pretty slow, but for me its huge- I never thought I would be able to run for 30 min straight.  Right now I am doing the bridge to 10K, which allows me to build on the 5K and pushes me to a 10K.  I have done all my runs on the treadmill, but tomorrow I plan to try for a morning run outside- I'm staying in south bay so babka can watch L.  A little intimidated about it...

BTW the above pic is of the first woman ever to officially register and run in the Boston Marathon, in 1967.  Found here.  She was harassed by the men who didn't want her to run- what the heck were they so fearful of?

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the running -- I couldn't do it (knee and ankle issues), so I try to walk every day. I hope your outdoor run goes well! Thanks also for the link about the photo -- what an interesting story!

    ReplyDelete