Friday, May 20, 2011

The Boss



So I had my official last day at work on Wednesday.  It's still surreal that I wont be returning to the place I spent most of my waking hours at for the past 3 years.  I've shed some tears- mostly because I will miss my friends/coworkers, and a part of me is no longer- the part that worked in that clinic, with that population, doing that kind of work.  I know this is not the end of my relationships with friends from work- nor is it the end of my career as a therapist- but it is the end of this chapter, and thats more then a little sad.  L and I also said good bye to daycare- and as much as I cried over leaving him there, eventually they became a part of my motherhood journey.  We will still visit- I spent a lot of time there because I went every day on my lunch to nurse- they are some awesome ladies that take wonderful care of other peoples children.

Enough about the sadness- I am also so excited and happy!  Today is my first day alone with L as a stay at home mom.  So far he has gotten up about the same time we would for work, he had some breakfast, nursed, I've been able to start some laundry, put away dishes- and now he's playing before I put him down for a nap.  It's cute that his favorite activity is playing with laundry, and clearing off the book shelf.  Books fascinate him- not baby play books- but paperbacks that I read.

So for now- here's my new boss- helping with the laundry



No comments:

Post a Comment